Welcome to Westpark! We are very excited and honoured that you have chosen to trust us with your student for the 2020/21 school year! This year has been a strange one, to say the least, and we are trying to make registration and the transition from elementary school to middle school as seamless as possible. In order to do this, we really need your help.
I am sure that you have many questions or concerns about how this is going to look this spring. Normally, your child would come to Westpark with their peers, have a tour and meet the teachers. After that, school administration would go to your child’s school to meet with them and take them through the registration process. Unfortunately, that cannot happen this year. For this reason, we have created a web page specifically designed to make registration and complementary course selection as easy as we can.
At the end of this page, you will find a link which will take you to all of the following forms you must complete:
1. The first, and most important, thing to do is to complete your RSVP by May 8. That way, we are able to put your child on class lists and give them an advisory; this is their registration for Westpark Middle School. If you don’t know your child’s username and password, you must contact your child’s current elementary school for this information. With this, you will be able to access PowerSchool and your child will be able to register for their complementary courses, during the week of May 11-15.
2. We have several complementary courses for your child to choose from, including Art, Crafts, Tech Ed, Foods, Fashions, Drama, Computers, Rec Ed, Band and French. Please note that all students are required to take Physical Education and Wellness, so those must be selected, but aren’t choices. Once you have decided which complementary courses are the best fit for your child, and it is between May 11-15, you are ready to go into PowerSchool to make those choices known to us. If you have missed this window, please contact the school at 403-347-8911 or email@example.com.
3. If your child requires transportation to school and is eligible for the yellow school bus, you will need to fill out the application form.
Optional information is also available, including:
2. Frequently Asked Questions page.
3. Please note, as well, that we have made it possible for you to order all of your school supplies online with School Start, if you choose. The package we have created has everything your child will need for Grade 6 and will be delivered directly to your home in August. If you have other students in Gr. 7 or 8, these lists are also available. Please review the Parent letter then choose the appropriate grade.